25 April 2010

Jane Goodall on animal rights

Do you think that animals should have rights?

I personally am never going to fight for rights 'per se'. (...) My approach is different. I'm fighting for human responsibility. 

So my job is to make people think of animals differently - as they really are. You can have a law - and we're surrounded by laws - but it's so often possible to get around them - they are continually being broken. So I want people to understand that animals really do have personalities and feelings - so that they want to obey laws that protect them.”

From:
www.theecologist.org

Photo by Michael Neugebauer: Jane Goodall with an orphan chimpanzee at the Tchimpounga Sanctuary in the Republic of Congo.

1 comment:

mherzog said...

Here's a good video on animal rights: http://meat.org